Here we go- back to my nerdy blogging =]
Most likely I haven't seen some of you guys reading this in a couple months due to our sporadic short breaks at Messiah, but I'll be home in two weeks and hopefully we can catch up then! This semester really flew by and I cannot believe it has been almost five months since we have been back from Uganda. It's pretty mind boggling really. I never thought I would be galavanting off out of the country again so soon, but as some of you know our athletics department was really blessed by an offer from Sawyer water filters to support four different groups of athletes to four different countries this summer. I have always really wanted to go to South America or central America, so i applied to the panama trip and was picked along with one of my teammates and a bunch of girls from our volleyball team! This past week we have been working on bonding, spraying our cloths down with military grade (100% deet) bug treatment stuff, and learning how to use the water filters we will be delivery and donating to extremely rural areas! I'm so excited to get to play with more adorable little kiddos!!! We're also running gym class in a school near panama city, running after school volleyball and soccer clubs ( or something like that ) and just mingling with the people. I'm super super excited and can't wait to see what oppurtunities await us and see God in the lives of the people there! I'm not sure how much access to internet we'll have, or how much time i'll spend on here, but i'll try to keep you guys updated on what's going on and obviously take some fun pictures =]
No comments:
Post a Comment