Monday, November 21, 2011

WEll. I'm in a good mood. =] walked to school today, had the vibe my one and only class would be cancelled and guess whaaaaaaaaat. Vwaaaaallah! Cancelled! Bam. Instant happy day.

This past weekend we went on a 6 hour road trip to Lira which is in the North. We usually get about ----zero information about what we are doing before we go so we just jump on a horribly crammed bus and wait. Driving here is rather bizarre as far as I'm concerned. You can literally drive for hours seeing nothing but run down building in desperate need of repainting, people swarmed everywhere some on bikes, bodas (motorcycles), carrying live chickens around by their feet, sleeping under trees, sitting in shops, a half a cow covered with thousands of hungry germy bugs hanging from the ceiling of a small shack, aka the 'butcher shop'. This literally goes on for hours, shop after shop after shop selling the same 20 items. Then all of a sudden BAM. It switches to junglish tree's and forests with vines and crazy bushes everywhere....then it goes back to shops...then to 'fields' of weird grasses and plants that must have been taken straight out of a book by Dr. Suess. It's so weird. Then I looked and swore I was on Crack because I saw this huge Monkey sitting in a tree right over the road, but it was one with like no butt?? sooo . naturally I flipped out, my friend told me I was crazy. Nope. within two minutes everyone started screaming BABOONS Baboons! YEp a whole bunch of them alllll over the main road! That's when I confirmed that this weekend a Safari WIll happen =]

I had barely eaten a thing since monday because I was so sick, but when we got there we stopped at an American cafe I couldn't deny myself the biggest coffee milkshakes and pizza. It was like a solid hour of heaven! We stayed at a guest house, which is what africa uses instead of hotels. watched movies all night and talked. It was a grand old time until Naturally my body was still rejecting anything I fed it sooooooo I spent the next day and a half ridiculously sick. So i missed all of the orphanages and stuff and slept for a solid day and a half and then got back on the 6 hr bus ride home. Yes. Overall an interesting weekend.

Yesterday I finally started feeling better and ate for the first time so thanks for the prayers =] I'm healing.

Time is really flying by, we only have 23 days left until we land in JFK and I run straight to mcdonalds and buy them out of apple pies! It's pretty bitter sweet because I'm super ready to be away from this crazy foreign land, but at the same time I'm really going to miss the people. Other than after 7 at night when I go home we are right in each others face all day, I can't really imagine not being together anymore, but that's okay, i'll just have to plan more road trips.
This week is pretty crazy busy. We have all of our final papers and projects and presentations. Today I go to Noah's ark and play with the kids, tomorrow I'm supposed to go to the city to do interviews with an organization for a presentation, thursday morning back to Noah's ark, thursday afternoon is spent baking pumpkin pie and having thanksgiving! FRIDAY+Saturday+ SUNDAY = SAFARI.

For thanksgiving all of the American families here on campus have a big feast, the students are in charge of desert. We play a game of football and wellll EAT.
sweeeeet.
Safari fridayyyy. freaking sweet. Can't wait. just girls. We're leaving the boys behind. yesssa.



then one more week of being here. then one week of debrief. then we're. home. home. home. say whaaaaat

No comments:

Post a Comment